Alexandra has performed and taught across the US, in Dubai (UAE), Egypt, England, and Germany.
Starting formal dance training at the age of 8 in classical ballet and jazz, she furthered her artistic talent after intensively studying with many of the world's leading Mideastern "Danse Orientale" masters.
Alexandra has produced many workshops and shows, including "Ancient Dance-Modern Women", has taught for the Marcia P. Hoffman Performing Arts Institute in its arts educational outreach program and regularly teaches belly dance and dance fusion at Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, the Citicorp fitness center and dance workshops sponsored by the Florida Dance Association.
A consummate performer and entertainer, she enjoys showing the high art of this dance form and sharing her knowledge of the technique and history.
CREDITS (to name a few)
*Performed at the Palladium, St Petersburg, FL.
*Performed at the Hyatt in Dubai, the Dubai International Marine Club and Arabian Desert.
*Taught at the Pyramida Spa in Dubai (UAE).
*Featured performer at "Alexandra the Great" and "Splendors of Ancient Egypt" in St Petersburg, FL.
*Featured dancer at the Middle Eastern Hall of Fame in New York City.
*Performer during Ibrahim Farrah's "Orientalism in America" symposium at the Ohio State Theater in Columbus, OH.
*Special appearances at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Dali Museum, Belleview Mido, Safety Harbor Resort & Spa, Innisbrook Resort, The Byblos (St Tropez and Munich), the Boat House in New York City as well as innumerable engagements at private functions such as weddings.
DANCE TRAINING AND BACKGROUND
- Trained and studied at the Conservatory for Music, Film and Dance in Munich, Germany with Gustav Blanc, Michael de Lutry and Frau Brunner
- Intensively studied with Mideastern dance masters Ibrahim Farrah, Yousry Sharif, Mahmoud Reda, Jemela Omar, Elena Lentini and Anahid Sofian
- Studied in New York City at the New York School of Ballet and Steps
- Studied with Luigi in NYC
- Minored in dance at the University of South Florida and St Petersburg College
- Trained and studied with Judith Lee Johnson, St Petersburg, FL
- Produced workshop and show "Ancient Dance-Modern Woman"
- Appeared in a special performance together with Gypsies of a national orchestra in Budapest, Hungary
- Performed in many other artists' shows and taught many workshops around the US
- Former member of the Tampa Jazz Dance Company
- Former member of the SPJC Dance Company